Shrimp Tacos & Margaritas With Auntie Nono's Firecracker Sea Salt
Take your evening up a notch with shrimp tacos and spicy grapefruit margaritas - and add an extra spice to the bite and kick to the rim with Auntie Nono's Firecracker Salt.
SHRIMP TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp Auntie NoNo’s Firecracker Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- For the shrimp – In a bowl, toss raw shrimp with Auntie NoNo’s Firecracker Salt. Heat a pan to medium high heat, then add 3 tablespoons of butter. Once butter is melted, add shrimp to the pan and cook for a 4-5 minutes until shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp from heat. Once the shrimp have cooled down, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- For the salsa – Combine pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and salt to taste.
- Assemble tacos – Add shrimp and a spoon full of salsa onto a tortilla. Garnish with cilantro and add an extra dash of Firecracker Sea Salt for a spicy kick!
SPICY FIRECRACKER MARGARITA
- 2 oz of silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau;
- 2 oz of grapefruit juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- Grapefruit wedge for serving
- Auntie NoNo’s Firecracker Sea Salt
- Prepare your glass – Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the rim in Auntie Nono’s Firecracker Sea Salt. Set the glass aside until ready to use.
- Combine the ingredients – Combine the tequila, Cointreau, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake, strain, and serve – Shake the mixture for about 10 seconds or until chilled. Add fresh ice to the rimmed glass and strain the margarita mix. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.