If you’re someone who hears the word “salad” and almost instantly reacts with “ugh,” then prepare to have your mind changed and taste buds rocked. Created by Chef Gordon of 167 Raw — the undisputed champion of the Charleston raw bar scene, this is one salad that is sure to leave you satisfied. With crisp vegetables and perfectly cooked shrimp and bacon, our 20-minute chopped salad combines freshness with richness for a flavor combination that will make all other salads jealous.
The best part? It all comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 pieces of slab bacon (we recommend Market House Berkshire pork bacon strips)
- 5 shrimp, poached and cut in half through the vein (order some of our Oishii shrimp here)
- cooked and chopped
- 4 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 oz bleu veined cheese, crumbled
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled and quartered (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 oz English cucumber, diced
- ½ Romaine heart, chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce, core removed, leaves chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 oz green goddess dressing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shrimp, tomatoes, cheese, egg, green onions and cucumber.
- Season the ingredients with salt and pepper.
- Add 3T of dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the lettuces and more dressing to coat.
- Garnish with diced avocado and chopped bacon.
To get started with the recipe above, order some of our giant Oishii White Shrimp here.