Score major points when you make our delectably creamy dip part of your game day celebration. Packed with plenty of king crab, our hot dip features a top layer of bubbly cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of fresh chives. Resistance is futile.
Time: 15 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking, 35 minutes total
- 2 pounds Alaskan King Crab Co. Large Red King Crab Legs, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Mr. Stick’s Original Lemon and Garlic Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp), divided
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut crab legs open using your Mr. Stick’s Shears. Remove meat and roughly chop or pull apart with fingers. Set aside.
- Mix the dip—Add cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in sour cream, mayo, chives, Mr. Stick’s seasoning and salt and continue beating until evenly mixed. Add in about 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix until smooth. Stir in crab meat until evenly distributed.
- Bake the dip—Spread dip in an even layer in an 8” x 8” baking dish or 9” pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese across the top. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly—about 20 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives. Serve warm.
Out with the Old Bay—Delight guests by trading the traditional crab flavoring with a fresh and tastier alternative: Mr. Stick’s Original Lemon and Garlic Seafood Seasoning.