Colossal King Crab Dip
Score major points when you make our delectably creamy dip part of your game day celebration. Packed with plenty of colossal king crab, our hot dip features a top layer of bubbly cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of fresh chives. Resistance is futile.
Time: 15 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking, 35 minutes total
- 2 pounds Alaskan King Crab Co. Colossal Red King Crab Legs, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Mr. Stick’s Original Lemon and Garlic Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp), divided
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut crab legs open using your Mr. Stick’s Shears. Remove meat and roughly chop or pull apart with fingers. Set aside.
- Mix the dip—Add cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in sour cream, mayo, chives, Mr. Stick’s seasoning and salt and continue beating until evenly mixed. Add in about 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix until smooth. Stir in crab meat until evenly distributed.
- Bake the dip—Spread dip in an even layer in an 8” x 8” baking dish or 9” pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese across the top. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly—about 20 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives. Serve warm.
Out with the Old Bay—Delight guests by trading the traditional crab flavoring with a fresh and tastier alternative: Mr. Stick’s Original Lemon and Garlic Seafood Seasoning.