Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
In this far east-inspired dish, our trū® Shrimp serve as a perfectly textured canvas for the bright & bold flavors of Thai cuisine. Once you’ve got your ingredients in place, the steps are simple, and a steamy delicacy will be well on its way!
- 2 Tbsp oil or unsalted butter
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 – 13oz cans of coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 16-25 trū® shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and red bell peppers and cook until onions and peppers are softened – be sure not to burn garlic and ginger.
- Add red curry paste and chili garlic paste and allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir until combined and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt to taste. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes. Once broth is fully heated again, add your shrimp and cook on a low simmer until shrimp is done (cooked through and opaque, about 3-4 minutes).
- Add lime juice and any additional salt needed. Top with cilantro, green onions, red pepper flakes, or your favorite garnish. Serve with rice and enjoy!