Savory Crab Skewers Recipe
The holidays are approaching and you know what that means: hors d'oeuvres! While we love traditional crab cakes and a good shrimp cocktail, this season we're trying something new. Sweet meets heat in this Korean-inspired dish that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Serve up the best crabbetizer out there with this recipe:
- 2 lbs Colossal Red King Crab Legs
- 1 pack of wood skewers
- 1 Tsp of Gochujang Korean red pepper paste
- 1/2 tsp of red miso paste
- Zest and juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1/4 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Green onions, cut thin
- Add all sauce ingredients, reserving the sesame seeds and green onions, to a mixing bowl and whisk to a smooth consistency. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the sauce chills, cut the crab legs open using your Mr. Stick's Shears. Skewer the crab legs and put them on a tray in the refrigerator until the sauce has chilled.
- Dress one side of the crab skewer with a smear of sauce then sprinkle on the sesame seeds and green onions as your garnish.
- Serve on a bed of greens as a passed hors d'oeuvre or build a salad and use the crab as your protein.