When it comes to spring food staples, nothing compares to the sweet combination of tender chunks of lobster meat doused in mayonnaise atop a lightly-toasted bun.
...Are we making you drool yet?
Luckily, this classic rendition from 167 Raw’s chef Gordon Langston makes it easy for you to get your fix at home. With just the right fusion of lemon zest and tarragon flavor, we’re willing to bet: you won’t find a recipe as close to the real thing without heading up North.
Add a touch of sophistication to your backyard BBQ this summer (or any time you are feeling up to getting creative) and try these decadent rolls at home:
For the lobster dressing:
- 1 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 1 fl. oz Tarragon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 each Garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- 1 each Lemon, zest and juice of
- t.t. Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Lemon juice (as needed to adjust dressing to the desired consistency)
- 36 each Tarragon leaves, cut in thirds; crosswise
For the garnish:
- 2 each Celery ribs, diced small
- 20 each Celery heart leaves
- 12 each Tarragon leaves
For the dressing:
Add the dressing ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl, reserving any excess lemon juice to adjust later on. Taste and add salt or lemon juice to achieve the desired flavor.
For the toasted bun:
Add a generous sprinkling of salt to the split-top buns and toast in clarified butter. Add another sprinkle of salt as the butter heats to ensure maximum flavor.
For the grand finale:
- Place 4 each (4oz) portions of cooked lobster in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with four pinches of kosher salt and add 1/2 cup of lobster dressing.
- Toss in diced celery. Mix to coat. Taste.
- Discover your desired consistency by gently adding more dressing for a thicker coating or a teaspoon of lemon juice (at a time) to thin the dressing’s consistency.
- Add a small pinch of salt after each adjustment.
- Add an equal portion of dressed lobster salad to each of the toasted, split-top buns.
- Garnish each sandwich with 5 each celery heart leaves and 3 Tarragon leaves, and enjoy!
Chef's tip: For optimal flavor, go for our giant northern Australian lobster tails here.